I really love to experiment in the kitchen and work with what I have on hand to create yummy meals that are also super fun to make.
Please enjoy the recipe and cooking the meal, its all about having fun with food and enjoying the space to be playful and explore.
Recipe serves 4 people.
- 500grams turkey mince
- finely chopped garlic clove
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbs gluten free flour
Coconut Curry Sauce:
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup frozen spinach or fresh
- 1 can 500ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbs curry powder of choice
Zucchini Noodles aka Zoodles:
- 3 large zucchini's (I use a julienne peeler to make my noodles. You can find them in any good kitchen supply stores, like General Trader or Matchbox in Australia)
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Making the Turkey Meatballs:
Place all of the ingredients listed for the meatballs in a bowl and mix well with your hands. Getting messy is the fun bit.
You can make any size meatballs you like, just try to keep them all the same size for easy cooking.
- Once all of your mixture is made into little meatballs place in the fridge for an hour or so before cooking to set.
Cooking the Coconut Curry Sauce:
Heat oil in large saucepan and add chopped capsicum and tomatoes ( Feel free to experiment with the choice of vegetables here and have fun with different combinations maybe add pumpkin or green beans for something different? The options are endless...)
Once tender and soft remove from the heat and place to the side
- Add in a little extra olive oil and start to cook the meatballs, try not to overcrowd the pan so you can get them nice and evenly browned.
- Once meatballs have all been cooked and are gorgeously brown you can add the tomatoes and capsicum back to the pan along with the coconut milk and curry powder. Stirring to combine all of the powder.
- Once combine you can add the remaining ingredients spinach and frozen peas.
- Simmer for 10-15mins
Zoodle Making Time:
While the curry and meatballs is simmering away. Place the Shredded zucchini noodles in another fry pan with a little olive oil and give them a light fry.
Once they are all nice and tender, you can serve your noodles with the Meatball Sauce.