“ Moments are captured in my heart and expressed through my art. I enjoy using colours through feel and shapes by sight.”
Ever since I was very little, I remember the joy and playfulness making things brought me. The childlike wonder I feel and see in life everyday is reflected through my art with the use of bright bold colour interspersed with geometric shape, patterns and natural themes. Favourite mediums of choice include acrylic paints, inks, paint pens and water soluble crayons. I now solely co-create to reflect the amazing beauty all around us and I express it as I feel the world is for me. Precious and deserving of our full connection.
My work has a central theme of natural wonder and joy in colour. I love to build up depth and a solid foundation for my subject with layers of acrylic paints and acrylic ink. This process also frees up my subject matter and allows the piece to come forth, with what is there to be expressed at the time.
The playful and intuitive way I work, leads back to what I enjoy most and that’s living a life full of love, colour and cherishing the simplicity of everyday moments. This brings a lovely stillness to the way I work, which is really what resonates with me. I feel a strong pull towards the moon, the stars and the sky. Every night after work I walk down my driveway, I look to the sky to see which of my friends are shining my way tonight. I feel that I am part of this vast universe. In order to capture this vast magical land and ocean of energy, I have developed a formula of geometric shapes including circles, triangles and repetitive dot sequences to explore unity, I can’t get enough of this grand science. These different elements create the backdrop for the universe at large which is the central theme of my paintings.
Artwork out in the world:
- A featured artist in the RAW Melbourne Artist Showcase (Nov 2016)
- Participated in a group exhibition called "Land , Sea & Sky," at Northern Rivers Community Gallery in Ballina, N.S.W, Australia ( Nov 2015)
- Featured work in publication “ A Year of Painting,” for Lark Books (2015)
- Participated in Warrandyte Annual Art Show (2015)
- Featured work in The Sketchbook Project Limited Edition Book "Create & Capture." (2012)
- 2 sketchbooks permanently housed at the Brooklyn Art Library in New York, United States
- Commissions for private clients
Photo credit : Leonne Barker